July 13, 2020 Important update for patients and community
We are pleased to let you know that we have now resumed all programs! We continue to incorporate virtual care into our regular practice and are seeing select patients (no partners, children, visitors etc.) in clinic by appointment only. If you are being seen in clinic, you will be COVID screened prior to the appointment and will be asked to wait in your vehicle until called to come up to the office. We ask that you sanitize your hands before entering and upon leaving the clinic and that you bring a mask to wear. For in office treatment we have also implemented a COVID waiver.
Our phone lines remain closed however if you are a physician needing to speak with a Heartland physician or staff, our EMERGENCY line is available by pressing 1. For general inquiries or to book an appointment please continue to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are wishing to book an HSG please email email@example.com with the first day of your period. (Please note that the radiology department has reduced their capacity in response to COVID so wait times for this test could vary significantly). If you are an IVF, IUI or FET patient please email the nurses at firstname.lastname@example.org to be set up with a Medeo secure messaging account. (Be aware that you may receive a reply advising of a need to update some investigations prior to proceeding with your treatment cycle. Pap tests must be current to 3 years and Sexually Transmitted Infections testing current to 1 year. Depending on the type of cycle you are registered for there may also be a need to update your hormone profile to ensure accurate dosing of medications etc.)
**For all email inquiries please include your full name and date of birth. Please be reassured that we are working hard to respond as quickly as possible, however our resources are still limited. Emails are also not monitored over the weekends so for urgent inquiries after hours or over the weekend please page the doctor on call at 1-833-450-9559.
We are thrilled to be back with you on your paths to parenthood!! Thank you again for your patience and understanding over these last few months, as well as for your help in eliminating the COVID curve here in Manitoba!! Continue to stay healthy and safe!!
We are thrilled to have made the first round of re-openings and are very excited to be able to start getting back on course with your fertility journeys beginning Monday, May 11th. With that said, everyone’s health and safety are our priority, so our re-opening is going to be very gradual. The virus is still here and we have to take the necessary precautions to ensure we are practicing responsibly and according to all of the guidelines and recommendations. Below is important information regarding our re-opening:
- We hope that all of you have had a chance to view the video message from Dr. McTavish and the slide show as many of our changes are outlined there. If you haven’t yet please see that information at the bottom of this page.
- Our phone lines are going to remain closed for the time being as our resources are still very limited. You can reach us to book appointments or with questions at email@example.com.
- Virtual visits are still going to be our primary means of providing care. However, starting Monday May 11th, we will have one doctor seeing patients in clinic. We will evaluate as we go and add more in office visits as we are able to accommodate.
- Provincial surgery and diagnostic testing restrictions are starting to ease up so we hope to be able resume those services soon, dates are still yet to be determined.
- Treatment cycles are going to be limited to IVF with the recommendation of freezing all embryos until more information is available about the safety of COVID-19 in pregnancy.
- We are following national guidelines and will hopefully be able to resume Frozen Embryo Transfer and Insemination programs in the coming months.
We are working very hard to get organized for the coming weeks. Thank you SO much for your patience, our staff will be in touch as soon as able!!
A Message from Dr. McTavish – Updated 4.20.20
As of today, in order to support our patients, we are continuing to provide virtual care as much as possible. If you have an appointment already scheduled with a doctor, please anticipate a phone call in place of the visit. You can reach a clinic staff member with questions or to book an appointment through firstname.lastname@example.org, however our resources are limited so response time will vary. We understand that these are uncertain and stressful times, we want to reassure you that all frozen eggs, sperm and embryos are being closely monitored and well cared for during our closure.
Throughout this time our team has been working diligently to put measures in place in anticipation of re-opening Heartland Fertility and getting back to helping our patients. We encourage you to listen Dr. McTavish’s short message and review the important information contained in the slideshow presentation. Our website and Facebook page will continue to be updated as new information is made available. Protect yourselves, protect your loved ones and protect our community, remember that apart we are united in this fight. We really look forward to seeing you all again soon.
Click Here to Learn More: Heartland Soft Reopening Plan